Saturday, November 8, 2008

11/8/08 reflection

This last week showed a lot more technology in the classroom. My teacher used her laptop (mac), hooked up to the overhead projector to show online pictures of and information about clouds. My BYU partner, Ms. Hauser, tried to use an ELMO for a math lesson about weight, but it wouldn't work so she wasn't able to. My teacher uses her portable microphone every day, and I have now considered using it for when I teach longer lessons. This week I got a cold and realized that I could use the microphone if they weren't able to hear me since my voice was a little weaker than ususal. I didn't need it, but I was grateful for and aware of the option. At the faculty meeting Friday morning, the teachers were taught how to sign up for and use delicious.com for organizing websites and see others' ideas as well. It was kind of confusing so I helped teachers do it and since my teacher's laptop wasn't working during the meeting, I set it all up for her afterwards and showed her how to use it. This was a good experience because I felt helpful and was also able to answer the questions of another second grade teacher. This next week, I want to use the laptop to project something (like an online storyreading of a book) and I also think I might use the microphone at some point and see if it helps my lessons.

No comments: