Thursday, October 30, 2008

10/30/08 reflection

Today we used the book projector tool, which looks sort of like a flatboard overhead, but is actually a camera instead of a mirror, so it can project books, with great detail, making it large enough for everyone in the classroom to see as the teacher reads along. We also used the laptops today and the hanging projector to receive instructions. I'm using my blog now to post this reflection and we used moodle to get our instructions. There has been some enthusiasm about using this technology, especially the book projector (a.k.a. "ELMO"), and there were fewer complaints today than usual because the technology we used was all working well. The technology I was using all worked very well and I was grateful for that. My school has some iclicker things so that the students can each participate silently from their desks and get to use a toy in an educational setting. There is also a computer lab right next to my classroom that I plan to use and I have to video myself teaching a few times, so I will be using that technology as well to both record and to upload.

No comments: