Monday, October 27, 2008

virtual tour

Our virtual tour was about six of the most famous volcanoes in the world. We traveled from places in the United States, to the Polynesian islands, to Asia, to Europe, to South America, and we included the largest active volcano, which is in Hawaii. Each spot gives you a picture of the volcano and information that my partner and I put in, as well as information that was already there as a part of GoogleEarth. I would use this in my classroom when talking about volcanoes (more generally how land is formed or the different physical features of the world) and I think it would be really helpful and interesting for my students to see different parts of the world and to really understand the difference between the different kinds of volcanoes.

No comments: