Wednesday, October 29, 2008

others' virtual tours

I haven't been able to watch anyone else's virtual tour because my computer won't download the file. However, I have been talking to other people about the assignment and looking at the names of others' projects and I'm surprised at how varied the topics of the tours are. My partner, Caitlin, and I looked at six of the most famous volcanoes in the world. Another group looked at the seven wonders of the world, which I think would be possibly the best way to really teach those so that the kids could see not only where they are but what they look like and then judge for themselves if it should be a wonder of the world. I believe other groups did naming the seven continents of the world, which is again a great way to make this lesson more interactive, engaging, and real since you can actually see the continent, learn quickly some information about it, and see where it is in relation to where you live. I have learned a still efficient, yet more engaging and possibly effective way to teach many things in many different subject areas to my students of all ages, and I look forward to using GoogleEarth in my classroom as I think it is (or at least can be) a truly educational tool.

No comments: