Thursday, October 16, 2008

Google Earth

I have learned how to mark things on google earth with the push pin thing. I've also learned about the layers (like 3-d) and how you can use different options to view locations in different ways. I've learned that you can make a personal tour as you look up locations and then click on them and hit "play" to see your tour played for you. There are also ways you can look down a road and all around an area, using "street view." I have learned a lot about how to use google earth. I might use this program in my classroom by encouraging my students to be more familiar with the physical world all around them by actually seeing what different things look like. I can use it to show my students things that they don't get to see in their community (if they're in a desert, I could show them an iceberg for example).

No comments: