Sunday, December 14, 2008

final reflection post

1. The most valuable aspect of a creating a PLE was learning how to use this technology and the resources available on the internet to share and access information. I feel much more comfortable and informed than I used to and I think that it will help me to better relate to my students and also to be aware of what they're doing and teach them through various ways.
2. I least liked posting the link to the discussion board. It would've been nice if there was just a list of the blogs/wikis of the students in the classroom and the teacher could go straight to them, rather than having to go to the extra effort (though I recognize that it wasn't much extra effort) to post a link.
3. I will probably use a blog for personal use, although access to it will be restricted to invitation-only, but I think it is a nice way to keep friends and family who don't live close enough to visit updated on your own family and what's going on in life. I may use one for my classroom, but that would depend on the resources available for the students and their parents and also how much the parents would actually use it.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Put me on your list to invite. I wanna see what you're up to.

JK said...

Kimberly, I've been training Kaitlyn. I ask her who her favorite Aunt is and she says "Kimberly". :P Your mom gave her one of your Senior Pictures and she wouldn't let it out of her sight. she kept saying "Kimely! Kimely!" I told her you would com visit her for sure on Sunday and maybe sooner. :)

JK said...

Kimberly I think it's time for you to post again. I mean I've been waiting for a month. :P Kaitlyn misses you by the way. -Kari